QUICK FACTS: ✔️ Does well in crate! ✔️ Gets along with other dogs! ✔️Good for beginner dog owner! ✔️ Expert snuggler!
lab Mix|female|4 months old|18 lbs|Adoption Fee $375
Updates from Foster Home:
Pupdate 5: My foster mom says I am such a good, sweet girl. I have been doing so well with going potty outside. I have even started sitting by the door patiently when I need to go out. As long as I am let out in a timely fashion, I have very few accidents inside.
I have also been doing good with the kitties. I do still get excited sometimes and try to get the kitties to play with me but I have become less interested in them over the last couple weeks and am pretty easily redirected when need be. Foster momma tells me to "leave it" when I want to play with the kitty. I don't know what that means yet but once I figure it out I will know when I need to give the kitty a bit more space. My kitty friend Dexter is also kind of a knucklehead when setting boundaries with dogs in that he just doesn't, so kitty friends that tell me when they don't like what I am doing would help as well.
I know I am a shy girl and that probably makes some people less interested in meeting me but I just need a bit more time to warm up to new people and places. I am getting more brave though and once I know you, I promise to give you so much love and will camp out on your lap as long as you will let me.
Pupdate 4: Maple has been going to daycare over the past week. She has gone three times now and she is more confident every time she goes. Tonight when I picked her up they said she was a wild woman. They did indicate she isn't very interested in the people there but loves loves loves to play with all the pups. She loves to play and snuggle in with her foster siblings too. While she would do fine in a home without another dog, I think she would do best in a home with another pup to show her the ropes.
Pupdate 3: Things we have learned about Maple over the Christmas Holiday:
1) She can rock a puppy holiday sweater like there is no tomorrow.
2) She is an all-star in the car. She rode three hours each way (all in the same day) to Nana's house and slept the whole way. Awesome co-pilot!
3) While she is used to going potty free in the yard, going potty on leash was no problem. Continues to do well with potty outside as long as let out often.
4) She does wonderful in the crate. She happily settled in with a Kong while everyone ate. She also snagged a pretty fat nap in her crate while several kids played around her.
5) We visited family with lots of kids and activity. She settled in with the activity of the kids after a couple hours and was definitely curious about them but decided she would stick pretty close to foster momma while the kids were running about. She did fine when the kids wanted to pet her. She could do fine in a home with little kids but would take some time to settle in and would require very close supervision. I don't think she would have any issues at all living with kids 12 and older though!
This sweet, snuggly, sensitive girl is just looking for her patient forever home to help her build confidence in all sorts of new situations.
Pupdate 2: Maple continues to settle in with her foster family. She is such a snuggler and is the first to snag my lap when I sit on the couch. She is doing awesome in her crate and sleeps all through the night with no accidents in her crate.
She is a bit shy so we are working on socialization so her new family will just need to be patient with her as she gains some confidence.
Pupdate 1: Maple is a pretty typical 4 month old pup. Her day consists mainly of playing with other pups and taking naps. We are working on potty training and she is catching on. Quiet in the crate at night and sleeps through without a potty break. Loves all sorts of toys and playing chase with other pups. Also, sniffing around the yard is pretty cool too.
Maple was a little timid when meeting new people but opens up quickly and then loves to snuggle and play. She hasn't met any children in her foster home, but would do fine with proper introductions. She is still mouthy as she is busy growing teeth but she is catching on quickly that hands aren't toys and redirects to actual toys pretty easily. Maple has typical puppy energy but also still has long puppy naps during the day. She loves snuggling by people for a long snooze. We haven't started leash walking yet but she likes to explore and play chase with the other pups in her foster home.
Maple now does great with the other pups in her foster home. She did take a few days to settle in and warm up to them but she came around. I would recommend continued socialization work (puppy training, play groups, dog day care to help reinforce good puppy interactions with other pups. She hasn't been left alone too much but she seems to do pretty well in her crate as long as she gets a kong to keep her busy. Just a sweet pup, looking for a family to love her forever!